Friday, January 26, 2007

Making Transitions

A couple of months ago I read a book entitled "The Dream Giver," by Bruce Wilkinson. In the book we meet a character by the name of Ordinary who lives in the land of familiar with a bunch of nobodies. When Ordinary finds himself feeling uncomfortable in the land of familiar, he realizes that he must face the wall of fear in order to find his purpose in life, which is given to him by the Dream Giver. While Ordinary has to make many transitions in his life, he eventually ends up exactly where he is supposed to be.

Just like Ordinary, you too are treading new teritory and making many transitions in different areas of your life. It is not easy, but you made one the first steps on your journey by enrolling in the Pathway to Employment Program. It is our goal here at CPCC to do whatever we can to help make your transition to this new environment as smooth as possible and to ensure that you become a Master Student! It is our hope that by becomming a Master Student, you too will end up exactly where you are supposed to be!

Please click on the link http://masterstudent.college.hmco.com and use your textbook to complete the assignments below:

  1. View the PowerPoint presentation for the Introduction
  2. Read the following two articles: Mastering Transitions and Following Instructions
  3. Complete and submit Exercises 1 & 2 from your text
  4. Complete and submit Journal Entries 1 & 2 from your text

Note: Use the blank exercise and journal forms under the Exercise link to complete and submit assignments 3 & 4. When you have completed the assignments, follow the instructions for emailing them to your instructor. Click on the comments button below to submit your comments on the aforementioned articles.

5 comments:

James Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading the Introduction of the Master Student.
I have learned that it's going to teach me everything that I need to know on becoming a Master Student. It's going to help me to be better organized and to be able to set long-term goals.

Unknown said...

I've had a lot of ups and downs to get to this point of trying to get my education. I feel that I could relate to the article, and that I can become a Master Student as well.

James Martinez said...

I've been down this road before. The diffrence between now and then is that I'm more focus now and Im more determine to reach my goal.

nikki said...

Reading the Master Student book has really taught me that life is as simple as I make it. I have read things that I ordinarily would not have paid attention to. This book is a challenge for me but, I am ready for the challenge. I will use this book to the best of my ability and apply it to my daily living.